Skip to main content

Dazzling Dunks ... The Best of Clyde Drexler

Finally, here is Part 3 (of 3) of our Dazzling Dunks extravaganza, featuring Clyde "The Glide" Drexler! 

Clyde "The Glide" Drexler - We're gonna wrap things up with some silky smooth moves from Clyde "The Glide." There was a perception back in the day (at least with the people I knew) that Clyde didn't dunk with power, since he didn't do a lot of rim-hangin', like Kemp or 'Nique. This video will change that perception. He dunks with plenty of power. I'm not pulling your chain when I say that some of these dunks are straight outta sight. These dunks are smooth, man. Most of these dunks are from his days with the Blazers, but there is one in there from his Houston days, and I'm not talking Phi Slamma Jamma! Check it out!


Random Thoughts on the Drexler video... They get it rolling right out of the gate here at #10, a one-hand alley-oop slam, one of the best I've seen! He calls for the oop on the break and finishes with a serious thunderflush. If that is your tenth best dunk... you've had a pretty damn good career. ... I'm simply amazed watching the #8 dunk, which is Drexler over Manute Bol, the tallest player in NBA history. "The Glide" goes up and over him like it's nothing! And then he just runs back down the court with his head down like it's no big deal. Just another two points. Now that's awesome! ... He busts out a big one-handed windmill in #7 ("Take it to the bank!"), and I really enjoy the coast-to-coast flush in #4. He wasn't flashy, but he definitely wanted to make sure he gave the fans a show. ... The #1 jam on this list is definitely one of the best dunks in NBA history, and the slo-mo replay they show at the end this clip is unreal (starting around the 2:13 mark). I don't know if it's the camera angle or the old footage, but it looks like he's jumping from a looooong way out there! Great stuff!

More Dazzling Dunks! 

[Ed. note: This piece was posted originally as a super-long three-dunker extravaganza but has since been broken up into more easily digestible chunks of dunks.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "My Sharona" Guitar Solo

THE "MY SHARONA" GUITAR SOLO - Am I crazy, or is the big guitar solo on "My Sharona" one of the best solos ever recorded? There was a time in my life (not long ago, actually) where I'd watch this video 20 times a day. It's the best live performance of this song I've seen, check it out! The Knack - My Sharona RANDOM THOUGHTS... Of course, the main guitar riff in this song is classic. The octave-jumping bass riff heard in the intro is also doubled by the guitar, and it was written by guitarist Berton Averre. I also think the first guitar break (you could probably call it a solo, Mr. Technically) at the 1:17 mark is really good. Today, however, I want to focus mainly on the full-blown celebration of life that is the big guitar solo... THE GUITAR SOLO (2:35 to 4:06) ... ... I'm almost appalled that this song is not mentioned in Guitar World's Top 100 Guitar Solos list. I mean, what the hell?! I'm sorry, but the "My Sha

Top 5 Favorite WWF Finishing Moves ... #4: The Boston Crab

#4: The Boston Crab  RANDOM THOUGHTS ...  Here we see Rick "The Model" Martel slap the Boston Crab on a jobber named Tommy Angel at the 2:51 mark.  As was the case with Hacksaw Jim Duggan's Clothesline , the beauty of the Boston Crab is it's simplicity. Anyone can do this move. Go ahead, kids, and try it on your friends! They'll have fun and so will you. Tip: If your friend starts tapping his hand on the ground and saying, "Uncle," that just means he really likes it and wants a Boston Crab from your uncle, too. So go get one of your uncles (Hmm, Uncle Steve is probably too tall. Get Uncle Jim, he's shorter: Better leverage.) and tell him to cinch it in tight. Your friend will probably be laughing so hard, it will look exactly like he's crying and his back is broken. Fun for friends  and  family! 

Great 80's Videos ... Zebra - Tell Me What You Want

Zebra - "Tell Me What You Want" - I heard this on Dee Snider's House of Hair recently and it blew me away!  It's got killer vocals, a killer guitar solo, and a kick-ass descending chord progression.  And, as you'll see, the video is everything you'd expect from Zebra... which probably isn't much.  Enjoy!  Zebra - Tell Me What You Want RANDOM THOUGHTS - This is the opening track off Zebra's self-titled 1983 debut album.  I've always wondered why bands opt for no album name?  Just make something up, for crying out loud!  How about this: Heaven Ain't For Sinners .  That's a perfectly good album title for a hard rock band, and I've got a hundred of them like that!   0:19 - Enter the mysterious tigress.  As far as I can tell, there are four main elements to this "narrative":  The tiger-woman, lead singer Randy Jackson, a mannequin, and a red door.  What does all this symbolism mean?  Well, it probably means they had